Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pool

Brett has been playing a lot of pool this summer.  He never showed much interest before, but this summer he has had a lot of free time and thought he'd join in Cal and Cam's games.  Since then he plays all of the time.  It has been great as we all have been playing a lot more.  Doug and I both grew up with pool tables and loved the game.  I would spend countless hours watching my Dad and his friends play in the basement in our home.  Doug and his friends would gather at his home on Friday and Saturday nights spending time playing pool before they would head out to other activities.  Doug is a great player and one of the few that I thought was better than my Dad.  We spent a lot of time at the pool table when I would visit him in DeKalb. 

Although we gained a cozy family room with a fireplace, the real reason that we added on to our home 13 years was to put an addition on to the basement for a pool table.  I am happy that the Heinisch children have been able to enjoy pool as much as we did growing up. I get updates from them all on who is winning and who scratched on the eight ball.  Doug is still the best pool player in our home, but we have been able to surprise him every once in awhile. 

So, if it is a game of pool that you are interested in, there is usually one taking place in our basement.  Stop by.  Someone is always ready to challenge you.  Just know that the games can get pretty competitive and you should probably brush up on your trash talking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment