Monday, August 12, 2013

Open Houses

Last night was the elementary open house at Cameron's school.  He wasn't all that excited to go in, but his teacher was great and by the end he was ready for school to start.  One of his best buddies is in the same class.  They haven't been together since preschool, so they were both happy.  I know that they will have fun. I have been told that third grade is the year of homework.  I hope that is just a vicious rumor.

Meg's open house and school pictures were this afternoon.  Meg was happier than Cameron going into it and had a great visit with Mr. Larson, her friends, and all of the middle school teachers.  We are crossing our fingers that this year will not be the year of homework for her.   She will have to miss a couple of days a month for her eye appointments, but hopefully they help and she will miss class less because of headaches.

My classroom is ready.  We had our teacher's meetings this morning.  I attended the two parent and teacher orientation meetings tonight, so I guess it is inevitable.  The school year will start tomorrow!!  I am sad that summer is over.  I had a lot of fun with the Heinisch family.  I pray that this is a great year for all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment