Friday, August 2, 2013

My Favorite Child

Tonight Meg searched through my blog for stories about her.  She said that she knows that she is my favorite child, so their have to be a lot of posts regarding her.  I have to laugh when she says that.  She usually claims that she is the favorite because she is the only girl.  Truth be told all of the Heinisch children have told me at one time or another that they know they are the favored one - Brett for being the oldest, Cal for being the most athletic or Cam for being the youngest.  I don't know if they are serious or not, but I like that they all think highly of themselves.

I guess if they were all like Brett then he would be the favorite for being the first, or if I only cared which one of my children scored the best at golf it would be Cal, and if being the baby automatically made you the star of the family, then Cameron would steal the show.   But since they all have unique personalities there could never be a favored child.  Until I had four children I never realized that there would be enough love to go around.  I would panic when I was pregnant thinking there is no way I could love a new child as much as his/her siblings, but God makes it so easy to love them each individually.  I know that Meg cannot understand that yet as she is just a sister and daughter for now.  I can't wait for her to have her own children one day, so that she can understand why I laugh when she asks me who my favorite is.

No comments:

Post a Comment