Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Brett

I was able to talk with Brett last night.  He sounded very happy which was music to my ears.  He had his second day of classes and was feeling a lot more comfortable with the schedule than the first day.  He had gone to dinner with friends, is signing up to usher at the IU auditorium tonight, met a Buddhist Monk, took his picture by the bust of Wendell Wilkie and saw some friends at mass over the weekend.  Thursday is the first home football game and the new student's get to lead the football team onto the field.  Although he is not an avid fan of the sport, he is signed up and excited to participate in this tradition.

I am thrilled to hear that he is enjoying his first week as a college student.  I knew he would and am impressed that he has found so much to do and met a lot of new friends already.  We are making our annual Labor Day pilgrimage to Bloomington this weekend.  When I reminded him of this, he said, "I'm sure I'll run into you."  That statement made me laugh.  I know he will be glad to see us, but happy that he is not waiting anxiously for us to get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment