Monday, July 22, 2013

Wine Country

Today we took a wine tour of the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York.  We had a great driver wo knew the area very well.  We stopped at nine different wineries and ate lunch at another.  After six hours of wine tasting a lot of them blended together.  I definitely had my fill, but we really enjoyed it.  Doug bought several bottles to bring back and the driver gave me a great handmade necklace that I can't wait to show Meg. 

After resting at the bed and breakfast, we walked downtown.  I didn't realize that it was a two mile jaunt one way, but we got in our excercise and saw all of the area.  We ate at a Bistro.  It had great food and nice atmosphere.  We are now watching Four Weddings and a Funeral with Hugh Grant - one of my favorites.  I always miss the Heinisch children when they are not around, but it has been very nice spending time with Doug.  He has been busy lately with work and soccer and spending time with the Heinisch children.  Thus, we have been able to catch up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment