Sunday, July 21, 2013

Waiting

We are packed and ready to go.  Cam and Meg cannot check in until 2:00 p.m., so we are now playing the "waiting game."  Luckily, the British Open is on and Cameron is keeping busy with that.  His favorite player is Phil Mickelson, who sure looks like the odds on favorite to win.  That has helped the morning pass quickly and made him less anxious.  Cal is watching it with him and has decided to have me root for all of the players he hates.  It is not a bad strategy as whomever I cheer for seems to fall apart.  We have the autograph of the current player in second place.  At one point he was leading, so I said to Cal, "I will hope for Stenson to win, since we have meet him."  Sure enough he bogies the next hole.  After that they asked me to root for Lee Westwood as they cannot stand him.  I did and he completely fell apart.  That is the worst part of watching golf for me.  I hate cheering against anyone!!  But I guess there can only be one winner and it might as well be one the boys like.

Meg has spent her morning getting ready and is now catching the last little bit of the Disney Channel before we leave.  She keeps alternating between feelings of excitement and anxiety.  Last year she did not care for counselors.   That had never happened before.  She is hoping for someone else this year.  They both can't wait to see what the theme is.  Their favorite was The Olympics with Superhero week being a close second.

I am ready to try upstate New York.  It looked like a beautiful area when we drove by in April.  There are a multitude of wineries to try and lots of shopping and restaurants.  Doug promised me it would be a relaxing trip unlike our usual take advantage of every minute and opportunity non-stop vacations.  I don't quite believe him on that one, but I know we will enjoy the time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment