Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scary Movies

Brett has rented several classic scary movies over the past couple of weeks and Doug and I have been  watching them with him.  Halloween was one of the first we watched and Doug's all time favorite.  We then watched Friday the 13th, which was the first scary movie I ever saw.  I was only 10 years old and we were at the drive in.  I am not sure I slept for weeks, but I sure impressed my friends when I told them I saw it!  Re-watching it as an adult,however, wasn't as scary.  In fact I thought it was pretty bad.  I now officially agree with Doug that his favorite was the better movie.

We have also watched Nightmare on Elm Street and several of the Halloween sequels.  We are trying out Scream tonight, a scary movie that also pokes fun at the horror genre.  Doug and I saw it in the movies theaters when we were newly married.  Back then I would hide my face during the killing scenes.  Now since we watch them at home I can just put my face into my iPad when it becomes too intense.

So, if you see me a little pale or jumpy know that we problem just finished Halloween 5.  That is next on our summer queue.  Thankfully, Monsters University just came out in theaters.  Nothing like a Disney flick to change the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment