Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I can see!

I have been avoiding making an eye doctor for quite some time.  I am not afraid of going to the doctor.  I just know it is an all day experience for me.  I have never been able to have my eyes dialated without spending the rest of the day in bed with a migraine.  I realized, however, that my nearsightedness was getting worse and I avoid reading at all cost as it usually gives me a headache.  Thus, I made an appointment.

For the first time ever we have vision insurance.  It is through the school and has been great.  Because of it, I tried a new doctor and was pleased.  I came out of it with new contacts, reading glasses and my first ever pair of bifocals.  Thankfully, my Mom was available to drive me and my headache wasn't as severe as usual.  By late afternoon the fog of my eyes being dilated had cleared and I couldn't believe the difference.  I can now see the TV clearly and can even see into our wooded lot from our family room.  Why would I ever wait that long?  I have no answer, but hope to be more diligent in the future about visiting the eye doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment