Sunday, June 2, 2013

Graduation Farewell Tour

Today Brett had senior mass at our church.  He and his fellow graduates dressed in their cap and gowns, brought up the gifts, were first to communion and received our priest's graduation blessing.  Once we returned home Brett wrote thank yous for the scholarships and gifts he had already received. He then helped me get some cleaning done for his open house on Saturday.

All of this along with Honors Night, the Drama dinner, graduation pictures and practice made me ask Brett if he felt he was on the "Graduation Farewell Tour."  We laughed, but realized there was some truth in those words.  It has been fun experiencing this with him.  He has received several cards already with great words of praise and encouragement.  Today at church a member of the Lions Club let me know that Brett was the only student they had ever received a thank you from as they host the annual Academic Superbowl dinner.

When I first started this blog, I wrote of Brett leaving for college and how it would affect all of his siblings.  Someone posted a comment that said this could be my blog theme for the year.  I now understand what she meant.  Thus, I will enjoy this tour and hold Brett's childhood memories close in my heart.  He's a great son and I've enjoyed being his Mom.  Looking forward to where his dreams will take him!

No comments:

Post a Comment