Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Freshmen Orientation

Today was the first day of Brett's freshmen orientation.  It started off with a bang as we had van problems when we got to Indy.  The van would not accelerate over 30 mph.  So, we slowly chugged into a National rental car shop and luckily they were able to hook us up with a tiny compact car.  Brett and I made it to orientation just as it started.  Doug took the car to a Honda dealer and they quickly found out that a pressure gage had blown.  He was able to catch up with us a hour and a half late.  All in all it was fairly painless.  Brett was impressed that we didn't panic or argue.  I think he did point out that I swore once!!

We spent the afternoon separated as Brett took placement tests and we followed the parent tour.  We met back up at 5 p.m. for a very long advisory meeting.  Then dinner at a residence hall followed.  We split again as Brett went to the sports rec center and took a night tour of the campus.  As Doug and I took our own self guided tour I told him that I was a little nervous for Brett coming to such a large university (40,000 students.). Doug did not share my worry and as we met with Brett close to 11 p.m. I could see why.  Brett was busy chatting away with a girl he had met and as we walked back to the Union several students yelled his name and waved.  Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment