Thursday, May 9, 2013

Technology

Our school server has been down for several days.  My classroom has not had Internet and many of my presentations are currently unusable.  I was a little panicked at first, but actually it has gone very well.  I was able to use my Smart Board and salvaged a power point about nutrition for Tuesday.  Seventh and eighth grade had some research to do on vitamins and minerals, which they were able to accomplish with the information I had in the classroom.  That lesson took care of Wednesday.

Today's was a lot of fun.  We covered our kitchen and food safety standards.  It was great listening to their interpretation of what is safe in the kitchen.  The clip art and pictures that were part of the presentation were comical and the students enjoyed discussing them.

Tomorrow we are making pancakes, which they are all looking forward to.  So, we survived our week without a lot of use of our technology.  I am hoping it is back up and running before I start our recycling unit.  Nothing I can present could take the place of "Woodsie the Owl" or "The Crying Indian."


No comments:

Post a Comment