Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Migraine

For the past twenty-four hours I have been battling a migraine.  It came on quickly and it was a pretty good one.  I didn't sleep well last night because of it.  I thought about taking a sick day today as I have missed very little school this year, but in the end decided to make it through as best I could.

I have struggled with migraines for over twenty years.  Unfortunately, Meg has inherited them from me.  I can usually tell when I am getting one as I lose my vision.  This time it did not happen, so I was completely unprepared.  I wonder what triggered this one - the change in weather, putting off dinner until very late, or the amount of things that are going on in the Heinisch home right now.  I am sure it is the later.  May is always busy, but this year it is filled with a lot of new situations - Prom, high school golf, Doug coaching at the high school, my involvement in the Spring Arts Festival, graduation, and the list continues.

I am sure a day off would help, but I will have a lot of days off in June and July.  Can't wait for a relaxing summer.  Not feeling a lot better tonight, but tomorrow should be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment