Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Facebook

I first joined Facebook several years ago to keep in touch with a college friend who lives on the West Coast.  I liked it and am still able to keep up with him and several other friends from afar.  If I had my choice, however, I would make rules for joining.

The first would be "no political comments."  I do not believe that anyone ever changed parties from a political post on the Internet.  Secondly, do not share mottos or posters.  I know you think it is a cute saying, but I am tired of wading through fifteen "cute sayings" to check status updates.  My third rule would be no sharing news stories.  There were so many fake stories after the Boston bombings it was unreal.

I would also stop the ads, especially those claiming to give items away for a certain number of likes.  It is an advertising scheme.  Finally, re-read your post several times and ask yourself if you are positive you really want your words read by your friends, their friends, and the friends of friends before you hit enter.  If it would embarrass anyone, hurt anyone or is just plain boring than rethink it.  I like all of my friends, but I really don't need to know that they just checked the mail!


No comments:

Post a Comment