Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Unpacking

Today is my least favorite day of vacation - unpacking.  We had decided to drive straight back last night and arrived well after midnight.  It was a lot of driving, but it was worth it to sleep in our own beds with no alarm clocks.  I never like unpacking, but this time it was a lot better than most.  Doug still had today off and the Heinisch children are all on Spring Break, so I could ask for help whenever I needed it.

Doug and Brett spent an hour cleaning out the van.  I received a lecture from Brett for letting Cameron leave a root beer in the cup holder of the van.  It had leaked and they were left with a small mess.  They also had a bag full of trash to clean out, but overall it went fairly smoothly, and I was appreciative of a clean vehicle once again.  I also tipped Brett well, so the root beer mess wasn't quite so bad!

Meg entertained Cameron for the day.  They pretended to be Hall of Fame Baseball players and spent the afternoon practicing their skills.  Cal was the first one up as usual.  He called his Grandpa immediately to let him know it was a great day to go golfing as it was beautiful outside.  My Dad didn't quite agree with Cal's weather report (it was only 28 degrees when Cal called), but was a willing participant and they enjoyed their round.  Brett had given up video games for Lent, so he spent some time catching up on his XBOX games. The four ended their day with two at the Republican fish fry with Grandpa Cutes and two with Grandma Jane catching up and bringing their guinea pigs home.

With everyone helping or entertaining themselves today, I was able to unpack, sort eight loads of laundry, cut Doug's hair, make a grocery list, and download all of the pictures.  Doug and I agreed that we would quit doing housework at 4 p.m. so we could get the shopping completed and enjoy a quiet dinner together.  All and all I can't complain.  The day was a lot more enjoyable than most "unpacking" days.

No comments:

Post a Comment