Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

I hate to complain, but I am tired of the weather this Spring.  The downpours today cancelled not only the outside activities at school, but also the indoor ones.  Tornado watches and severe thunderstorm warnings were texted to me all day from our local weather service.  No sign of the sun and it feels as though we will never see it.

The rain is to supposed to subside tomorrow.  We may even have sunshine on Saturday, although the temperature will probably remain in the 40s.  I did have my white winter coat dry cleaned and put away for the season. No matter what, I will not bring it out until October!!  Guess I will be watching soccer from my van again this weekend. 

Cal is excited as he has never lived through a flood and the news can talk of nothing else.  A teacher at school told me to be thankful for as soon as the weather turns more summerlike the students will lose all focus.  Brett said last night that this is the first time he remembers a month when the weather was correct - "April Showers . . ."  If I look at it through Brett's optimistic eyes, then May flowers cannot be far off.  I will try and make it until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment