Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pride

Sometimes in life, your children tell you that they are proud of themselves.  As a parent, that is the best feeling in the world.  I know that I am always proud of the Heinisch children.  They do not always make the right choice, but at least they always learn from their mistakes and move on pretty quickly.  It means so much more when they realize that they did something worth praise.  I am so happy tonight that they were able to recognize that feeling of pride and to verbalize it with me.

Yes, both Brett and Cal told me they were proud of themselves tonight.  They had set a goal and had reached it through hard work and perseverance.  Of course, I am very proud of them.  Tonight, however, I am most proud of a non-Heinisch child.  One that chose to step up and let one of mine compete, even though it meant he would have to take a lesser role in a competition.   As a teacher and mother, I know that we are always trying to teach our children and students to "do the right thing."  Thank you to the young man who did!  You made our whole night and we are all proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment