Friday, April 26, 2013

Les Miserables

Brett is at my parents tonight watching the newest version of Les Miserables with my parents.  He and I saw it in the movie theater in December and we watched it again with Doug this week.  Needless to say Brett really enjoyed this movie as did I.  When I came home from seeing it the first time I remember telling Doug how sad it was.  He pointed out the title has "miserable" in it, so I probably should have expected it.

He is correct, but I believe all stories should have a happy ending.  This one did for one or two of its characters, but most of them could relate to the words sung by Fantine -

But there are dreams that cannot be

And there are storms we cannot weather
I had a dream my life would be
So much different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.

I cried at the end as I am sure most of the audience did.  There is so much struggle and strife, but yet at times there is also the face of God.  So if you are not familiar with the story of "24601," I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment