Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Friends

Almost everyday after school I pick up Cal and his best friend, Cameron Adams, from school to drive them ten minutes to golf practice.  I have to say that this is one of the favorite parts of my day.  They are always happy to be done with school for the day, and one of them always has a great story to tell me about a teacher, student or something funny that happened during the day.

Cal and Cameron became friends in 6th grade when their elementary schools combined for the middle school years.  They both are great kids, good students and share the same sense of humor.  I believe it is the last part that has cemented their friendship.  Cameron gets along well with the rest of our family as well, and of all of the Heinisch children's friends he is the family favorite.

So tomorrow at  3:03 p.m. I will bring them a Gatorade and one of Grandma Jane's cookies.  It is a small price to pay for all of the great stories that I will hear on the way to practice.  I have thanked God many times that Cameron chose to give up baseball to be a part of the golf team.  The Heinisch family have become his biggest fans!


No comments:

Post a Comment