Monday, April 15, 2013

Disbelief

I watch in disbelief tonight as the tragedy in Boston unfolds.  Two weeks ago we were enjoying the sights of this historic city, and now it looks like a war zone.  The Freedom Trail that we walked starts at Boston Common, a beautiful park established hundreds of years ago for the people of Boston to enjoy.  Today it was being used as headquarters for the National Guard.  I cannot imagine what it was like for those attending the Marathon.  I think of the many visitors that must be there.  Families like ours, who came to see the sights, but are now in the middle of this drama.

The news talks of the injured, many of whom who have lost one or more limbs.  The hardest part for me to listen to is the fact that an 8 year old boy is among those who were killed.  Cameron is eight.  I can't imagine.  I will pray for those who are in Boston tonight and for all who have been touched by this tragedy.  For us it is a news event, for them it is a new reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment