Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Nice Night for A Walk

After a day of catching up on projects around the home, Doug and I were able to take some time out to go for a walk.  The weather was perfect for it and I always enjoy Doug's company on these excursions.  A lot of our neighbors had the same idea and we were able to catch up with several of them while we were out.  I remember not to long ago that it was challenging for both of us to get away at the same time.  Now that the Heinisch children are older, we have been able to spend more time together on walks or out to dinner and such.  I appreciate this time as we are able to share the highlights of our week at work and school, plan our schedule for the next few days and just enjoy the quiet end of an evening.

The Heinisch children survived the hour without us quite well.  When we arrived home Cal and Cam were trash talking each other over a game of NBA2K13, Brett was busy writing the next chapter in his new novel, and Meg was cleaning the basement (i.e. texting her friends about what they were wearing to school tomorrow.)  I enjoyed each and everyone of them as a baby, toddler and preschooler, but this new phase is a lot of fun too.  I am glad that I have Doug to share it with me.  He is a great father and husband.  We all rely on him greatly and probably do not tell him enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment